…posted because I always have to dig through my email for it. No longer!
Moosewood Red, Gold, Black and Green Chili – adapted
28 oz. undrained canned tomatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
3 cups chopped onion
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 generous teaspoon ground cumin
1 generous teaspoon chili powder
1 tablespoon Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce, or 1/4 tabelspoon
cayenne (I used the cayenne)
2 zucchini, chopped into small cubes
2 cups fresh or frozen cut corn
14 ounce can cooked black beans, drained
14 ounce can cooked red kidney beans, drained
salt to taste
Grated Chessar or Monterey Jack Cheese (i didn’t use)
Chopped Fresh Cilantro (i didn’t use)
1. heat the olive oil in a large pan and saute’ the onions, garlic,
cumin, chili powder, and tabasco or cayenne
2. When the onions are soft, stir in the zucchini and saute until semi-soft.
3. Chop the tomatoes right in the can and add them to the pan. Stir
in the corn and beans.
4. Heat thoroughly on low heat.
5. Cover and simmer for a few minutes for the flavors to meld. Add
salt to taste.
6. Serve plain or topped with grated cheese and fresh cilantro